Android Studio :
Android Studio is IDE for Android application development (integrated development environment ). its support cross operating systems Windows, OS X and Linux. Android Studio build system for android app is Gradle build systems.
Feature of Android Studio :
- Gradle build system
- Maven-based build dependencies
- Build variants and multiple-APK generation
- Graphical layout(design) editor
Start Android Studio First app development :
1. Download and Install Android Studio IDE and SDK (download android studio)
2. Start Android Studio , If Welcome screen come choose “Start a new Android Studio project”
otherwise Go File -> New -> New Project.
3. New Project window will be show.
Enter Application name and Company Domain(Package name) then click next
4. Target Android Devices Window will be show
Select Minmum SDK (API 9 : Android 2.3 Gingerbread) and other options as below screen shot.
5. Add an Activity to Mobile window will be show.
Select Blank Activity then click next.
6. Customize the Activity window will be show :
here you can change Activity Name ,Layout Name ,Title and Menu as per you otherwise leave it same.
7. Android Studio IDE project window will be open.
Now your first android application ready.
How to Create Emulator (Android virtual machine -AVD) in Android Studio :
1. In Android Studio IDE click on AVD Manager (as show in bellow screen shot).
2. Android Virtual Device Manger window will be show.
Click on “Create Virtual Device“.
3. Virtual Device Configuration window will be show.
Select Device type ( 3.2″ HVGA slider) or as your requirement then click next.
4. System Image window will be show.
Select your installed System image (Lollipop select for this example). Click next.
5. Android Virtual Device window will be show.
here you can give AVD Name (My Device or as per you requirement) and click Finish.
6. Now you can see your new AVD is show in Android Virtual Device Manger.Your AVD is ready now close this windows.
Finally Run your First Android Studio Project :
1. Click on Run , Choose device window will be show.
Select you device (earlier created- My Device) then click ok
2. Your application launched (some time emulator will be take too long to launch)
Output of First program:
Video Tutorial : How to Create First Android Application in Android Studio